Day 52 Started out fairly early. We were rolling at 0630 and made all the timed bridge crossings on Rt 50. The start was on Rt 92 along the North Rim of Black Canyon. A brisk ride on twisty roads to the construction flaggers. The early part of the day was great riding on mountain roads. The ride I mentioned yesterday was not as dangerous as the informer had depicted. There was an issue with a guy in a pickup truck pulling a trailer taking his sweet old time with 11 cars behind him, I was number 11, on the first half of the trip going up to Cottonwood Pass. Despite the several slow vehicle pull offs, this guy just kept putting along. I pulled off to let the cars that caught up to us and the original group to get some distance so I could run the road. But at this time only one tight curve remained.
The second half of the day the landscape became flatter and the route more populated. The traffic was pretty heavy everywhere except for the early morning ride on the rim. We did run into rain towards the end of the day, making three days in a row with some rain. The rain lasted for about 20 minutes and was light.
Last some rain
Tomorrow we head to some where near Interdependence, KS.
No comments:
Post a Comment