Day 48 We rode to Montrose, CO airport and rented a car for the day. The rental was a ripoff but we had to get a car so I could drop off the motorcycle. The shop is at a private residence but he is a certified BMW mechanic and used to work for BMW of Denver. Montrose is an hour away from where we are staying in Crawford, CO. Crawford is like an old west town and probably was. Hopefully Mark will finish the bike before we have to turn in the rental car.
The ride here started out with high plains, then went into mountains, and then back to rolling hills and I think high desert. The ride through the mountains was on RT 139 was nice and twisty. We happen to stop at the top of Douglas Pass to make some phone calls. Then after we finished I heard the growl of a tractor trailer coming up the hill. I could see it and a long line of cars behind it. We quickly mounted up and got going before the truck reached us. This was a ride down hill and had some tight turns for sure. The videos below are of this section of the Douglas Pass.
We are here until Sunday morning for the Top O The Rockies Rally. Once it is done on Saturday, we will spend another night, and leave Sunday morning for home.
No comments:
Post a Comment