Thursday, June 20, 2024

Day 20

Day 20 already! Today was a long ride (488 miles) day and our butts know it. The new saddle is better then the old one, but not perfect. But it is hard to sit for hours in the same basic position no matter what you are sitting on. With the exception of saddle sore, what a great ride. Now RT 37 is not the best maintained roads but still better then many in the States. The traffic was extremely light so we could move right along. The scenery was out of this world, tall snow capped mountains, lush forest, beautiful lakes and rivers. We saw, or I saw 5 black bear, Rene' only saw 4 because she fell asleep back there. I was only able to get a brief video of number 5 and it is down below. 

The weather was mildly cool this morning, but really not bad. It was sunny for most of the day until we got closer to Watson Lake where it started to get a little cloudy. We hit a very short sprinkle and that was it for the ride. Rt 37 ran right through an area of a forest fire and the burned out forest went on for miles and from the road as far as you could see. Amazing the scope of these events. Tomorrow we head to Haines Junction and that is only 360 miles on the road. Oh, a few notes about food. Seems like every restaurant is a Chinese restaurant. The last two stops were that was. I am getting tired of cheese burgers. I want some pasta.

Something about the 360 camera. There are two lenses, one in front and one in back. They are both about 1/2 inch in diameter. I clean the front lens often because it seems to be the target of flying insects. If I don't notice it while riding, well that video is basically garbage. I recorded a video and Rene' says there is a black spot on it. So I stopped and cleaned the lens and immediately start to record the above video. It is a short one for obvious reasons.


Helmet cam of a portion of today's ride.

The only video I was able to get of the black bears, this guy was number 5 for the day.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wildfires

  Wildfires. We were lucky we did not encounter an wildfires except for the heavy smoke in Fairbanks from a wildfire. The day we left the D...