Day 16 is a cool windy day. We hung out for a while before getting breakfast and getting fresh fuel and Heat dry gas. I then took the bike for a run to see if I can clear out the sputtering like feeling when I get up to 3800 RPM in gear 6. That is where it is the worse but nothing like my 09 GS was last year on our Newfoundland trip. We went back to rally to confirm we didn't win any door prizes as is our game plan. We did think we had a shot at longest two up award at over 2500 miles but nope, 2nd place (they only award 1st and 2nd places) had over 2600 miles.
I came across the Hexcode booth with the GS911. I have a GS911 at home, but it will not attach to the newer BMW bikes. There is an adapter but with the GS911 at home, it doesn't do me any good to buy the adapter. So I picked up another GS911 but one that I can plug into the newer bike. I wanted to check to see if there were any faults or indications of motor issues. There were two faults, but they were old and there was no indications of motor issues. So I still am hoping it is just a bad gas issue that will clear up with this tank of gas. That is or can be an issue when you need to use a high test fuel. You don't know how long that fuel, which due to it's cost is not used by many, has been in the tank and how contaminated it might be. I might have to consider a lower grade fuel with an additive of octane boost.
We start for Alaska tomorrow. The morning temps here will be near freezing and at the destination, Omak, WA about 55 to 60 upon our arrival. Rain is a possibility on this leg of the trip. We will leave a little later in the morning to give things a chance to warm up. If we are lucky (hahaha) we will miss the intermittent showers that will be across our path of travel. After Omak, day 18 we will enter Canada for our ride up to Alaska.
No comments:
Post a Comment