Monday, July 8, 2024

Day 39

 Day 39 we tried to get to the Medicine Lake and Maligne Lake area early, but that didn't really happen. The ride there is almost 50 miles and we just didn't get going quick enough. We did not see much, a group of elk on both sides of the road and on the road, a few deer, and later on our way back a group of mountain goats on both sides of the road. 

We decided to do a hike in Maligne Canyon. WE choose the longer hike trail and were out for over 3 hours. I under estimated the hike and water needs. I got a bit dehydrated, a thing I have a bad habit of doing to myself. When we finally got back to the lodge building, I started hydrating. I drank 1800 ml of fluids, and sat there for about 2 hours before I felt good enough to hop on the motorcycle and head back to our hotel. We did have plans to do a run down the Ice Fields Highway, but scrapped to go back and rest. Tomorrow I think we will head right for the road and explore down the road. Probably be a 200 mile plus day. Speaking of miles, we broke 10000 miles today for this trip.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Wildfires

  Wildfires. We were lucky we did not encounter an wildfires except for the heavy smoke in Fairbanks from a wildfire. The day we left the D...