Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Day 32

Day 32 we rode to Chicken Alaska, a 132 mile round trip before heading to our alternate destination. Dawson City was showing rain and there apparently were road closures from Dawson City to Watson Lake, the route we would need to take the next day. While in Chicken I panned for gold like I did 14 years ago. I did not have much luck, only a flake and some very small specks, I think they commonly call fly poop.We left chicken and we could see storms and smoke around us, and we only got a sprinkle or two. We had alternate lodging in Delta Junction area. We were put in a travel trailer. We have stayed in just about everything except a tent, teepee or jail. I am not sure if any of the video here is from the Chicken run or not. The time and date on both my helmet camera and the 360 camera are messed up. 

This video is actually from yesterday going through Fairbanks with all the fire smoke. Speaking of fires the day we left Healy a large fire broke out at the entrance to Denali National Park near the Horeseshoe Lake trail which we hiked the day before and where I got some images of the lake and a moose.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wildfires

  Wildfires. We were lucky we did not encounter an wildfires except for the heavy smoke in Fairbanks from a wildfire. The day we left the D...