Day 31 we said goodbye to our B&B host Terry and headed for Tok, AK. Not far out side of Healy the air started to get thick with smoke. It stayed that way until we got past Fairbanks a ways. We hit a rain storm that was a little heavy for about 5 minutes before letting up. Our lodging in Tok is a relatively new property. Finding it was a little difficult despite the large sign by the road. The road into the property which is about a quarter mile from the Alaska Highway 1. The roadway in is a rough loose stone driveway that was a bit sketchy.
We were scheduled to go to Chicken, AK then take the Top of the World Highway to Dawson City. The forecast is for rain and thunderstorms in Dawson City which means on the Highway. I did not want to ride the 100 plus miles of potentially slick dirt / muddy road. I instead made arrangements for lodging about half way between Tok and Whitehorse. Whitehorse or just past Whitehorse is where we will stay Tuesday night.
We will still go to Chicken weather permitting and pan for some gold. In 2010 I went to Chicken and panned for gold and found my first three flakes of gold. I have been hooked ever since.
No comments:
Post a Comment