Sunday, June 30, 2024

Day 30

Day 30 and the old man is getting a little tired. I almost napped today or I might have napped but don't realize it. There were two first today. One first was we saw Denali, the full mountain. The second first, no so commendable was I dropped the bike on a slow speed maneuver. I don't know what I did but over I went. No physical injury to me, just embarrassed.  The fall did damage the side case and once I got back to the B&B I pounded it back into usable shape with two 2x4s. I will do a better job once I get back home. 

We also saw a moose today, and like most of my wildlife encounters by the time I switch lenses they start to move off. I got a few snap shots of it. We saw the moose on a hike down to Horseshoe Lake.



Denali top image, Horseshoe Lake the image above.


Bullwinkle.

Tomorrow we start our travel leg to Hinton, which will take us six days. There has been some mention of road closures due to wildfires. As far as I can determine the Top of the World Highway which runs from Chicken, AK to Dawson City is open. But I am not sure of the roads out of Dawson City to Whitehorse and beyond.

1 comment:

Wildfires

  Wildfires. We were lucky we did not encounter an wildfires except for the heavy smoke in Fairbanks from a wildfire. The day we left the D...