Day 23 we rode from Chistochina (escaping the ravenous swarms of
skeeters) to our nephew and nieces home in Anchorage. The ride was
beautiful and fun until we got behind a tractor trailer in some
twisties. The weather has been a bit consistent low to mid 50s in the
mornings and getting up to maybe 70 in the afternoon. We have often hit a
brief light shower. The scenery is often spectacular. We arrived early
afternoon and after unloading the bike they took us up to flat top.
When the weather is good you can see Denali. It wasn't clear enough to
see Denali, so I still haven't seen that fictitious mountain.
It
is hard to remember all the things I thought of during the ride and put
them in writing on this blog. Even harder when there is a few days
between the time we rode to the posting on the blog. Another challenge
is my cameras are not set to right dates for some reason. But hey, I did
get some Pasta for dinner. It was delicious.
Flat Top recreational area.
We checked out a rarity when the tide rolls in, it comes in a a single wave that you can surf. Our nephew Gregg has surfed this tidal wave.
Being the days are so long, I mean it doesn't get dark here in the summer. I had time to try to find some Great Horned Owls that are in Gregg and Morgan's neighborhood. There is a mother and two juveniles. Morgan spotted a juvenile on a green house about 80 yards away.



No comments:
Post a Comment