Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Day 18

Day 18 Today was CRW, cold, rainy, and windy. The scenery was very pleasant and the roads very nice. I don't remember the scenery from my trip through there in 2010, but I believe the road was just a two lane road. Now it is 4 lanes in many places, and where it is two lanes, there is often a third passing lane. The road condition was also well maintained. We saw very little construction zones in the 440 plus miles we rode today. 

The temps bounced between 41* to 55* on most of the trip through the mountains. The wind was very strong but not steady, but gusty. I like riding with my face shield up, but I had to close it because the wind was trying to pull my eye glasses off my face. When it rains I obviously need to close my visor.

Tomorrow's ride is to New Hazelton and is about 350 miles away. The next day, New Hazelton to Watson Lake will be one of the longer rides of the trip, 488 expected miles. The carpal tunnel syndrome that until now I only mildly had, is really firing up. Thank God for the cruise control, unfortunately  I can't use it all the time and I don't use it when hitting the curves or near traffic.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wildfires

  Wildfires. We were lucky we did not encounter an wildfires except for the heavy smoke in Fairbanks from a wildfire. The day we left the D...