Day 14 was a travel day and a spend like there is no tomorrow day. We said our good byes to Ken, who was a great host and a good friend. These dang rallies are expensive to walk through. First the travel, we started out on the slab for about 25 miles to get to Rt 20/26 from Ontario, OR to Redmond on Rt 26. Rt 26 starts out a little boring and ends a little boring but in the middle it runs through three mountain passes and is full of sweepers. It was a bit cold this morning and that will be the pattern the next few days or at least as far as I have looked.
One issue I have had with videoing with the 360 camera was it is placed out of my reach and it turns itself off and times out and I have to stop the bike and lean out to start the camera and to start the videoing. I saw there was an Insta360 tent and asked about a remote, low and behold they have a remote for the camera and actually had one there. Later in the day I installed it and it works so hopefully I will get more 360 footage. Also I mentioned in a previous post that my rear tire was about toast. So I bought new tires, and as luck would have it, which rarely can be associated with me, I snagged the last front tire they had. Apparently the shipping guy has no clue what tires to send to the rally. The tires I got are Dunlop tires and the the same ones I have on my GS which are showing almost no wear after 6000 miles. I hope to get the same out of these. I also ended up buying a new saddle. The Sergeant saddle is just too hard, it is a low saddle and they put very little padding in it. The saddle I got is a custom low saddle. We'll see how it works out these next few days.
We are staying at an AirBnB in a room. The host Karen is very nice and accommodating. She is allowing me to park the bike in the garage which makes me feel better. Tomorrow we will attend the rally at some point but the plan is to ride to Crater Lake for the day. It is a 2 hour ride to I think.
One of the passes we passed through:
No comments:
Post a Comment