Day 06 we rode to Monument Valley and did a tour. They don't allow motorcycles on the loop road, and it is a good thing. There is a lot of sand and the tour vehicles had some challenges with the sand. It was in the middle of the day so it was not idea for photography. I did try some infra-red but I was not happy with the results. The night was going to be clear and the moon was in new moon phase so I thought I would try some astrophotography at Monument Valley. I contacted a guide but he was booked for a private tour, but he gave me two suggested places I could go by myself.These were not in the park but the first one had some of the features of the park. The second one which was only 8 miles form the motel would probably been my best choice. So I decided to check out the other one instead. It was about 35 miles from the motel. I thought I could do both places. Here are a couple of images from the first location.
I tried to find the second location, which is just off of the road to the motel. But dang it was dark, and with the lights so bright on the motorcycle I could not find this massive volcanic rock feature.


No comments:
Post a Comment