Day 5 was another great riding day. It was like the reverse ride of one of my favorite rides that I mentioned in yesterday's post. We went back up over Wolf Creek Pass. We also made a few detours to visit or see new places. The first visit was to Mesa Verde National Park where the Cliff dwellers lived. The road to those sites is a nice windy road, fun to ride. The dwellings were cool, but not real close. I guess they do have some type of tours but I don't know if it is right to the dwellings themselves. These places are right in the cliffs, I don't know how the residents got to them.
The second detour was to the four corners. We saw and then after Navajo flat bread we continued on to Kayenta. It is starting to get a little hot, and that might have sapped some of my energy as I lied down, and out were the lights. I am getting ready to head out to try and get some Milky Way shots near Monument Valley. I tried to book a trip, but the guide was already booked with a private tour. The guide did give me some suggestions to locations I could go to myself. So Day 6 will be posted tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment