Day 44 We got up at 0230 and were riding to Lake Loraine village for our tour or bus ride to Lake Moraine. Our last time here 10 years ago there was unlimited access to Lake Moraine parking space permitting. The last two years the access has been restricted to only commercial vehicles. This area has become so popular especially among foreigners that changes like this are likely to become more and more.
The sunrise was actually good. There was some color in the few clouds above the mountains. That color faded before the mountain tops started to light up. Would be nice if the colored clouds and the lighting of the mountain tops together would have been great. here are a few shots from this morning.
Once we got back I tried to nap, but I doze but can't nap. We decided to do a walk to Vermillion Lakes and we walked about 7 miles total. I can say I am a bit tired from the walk. One thing I noticed on the walk was there were two items of trash on the side of the road. This was amazing, and a welcomed sight. In our home State of Tennessee you could probably fill a garbage truck full of all the trash on the side of the road. Such a beautiful state, I just don't understand why the residents feel they can throw their trash out of their vehicles onto the roadways.
Tomorrow we leave for Kalispel, MT, thus reentering the US and starting a four day ride to Paonia, CO for the "Top O The Rockies" rally.



No comments:
Post a Comment