Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Day 26

 Day 26, 30 days to go if all goes according to plan and schedule. We spent the day in Homer and rode the split and a scenic high road above town. I was looking for photo opportunities but wasn't finding anything. The internet search areas were pretty much void of the bald eagles and the landscape images were not good due to the haze and fog. We did get to see some wind surfers and I took a few photos. 

I was amazed at how long the tether is to the sail. I thought they were much closer based on the images I've seen before. I was using my 200-800 lens and I had to take it down to 200 and wait until they got out a ways to get the sail and surfer in together. The below images are from the road above the town and the haze and fog is evident.




Tomorrow we leave for Seward and I hope to get some bear images there, but I am not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wildfires

  Wildfires. We were lucky we did not encounter an wildfires except for the heavy smoke in Fairbanks from a wildfire. The day we left the D...