Day 11 was a travel day. One of the few times we rode the slab (Highways) and did so through cities, but it was the fastest way to get to Ken's house. Crossing across Idaho on I84 was a bit windy. The highway is posted at 80 MPH and we were going at about 83 MPH with the bike's cruise control activated. A real wrist saver as I appear to have some carpal tunnel syndrome. The wind did buffet the bike and of course us too. I think it also was a killer on my mileage which caused me to loose and average of 4 MPG. Tomorrow we will do a fun ride to Silver City, ID which will mean riding dirt. I am not much of a dirt rider so that will be my challenge.
Tuesday, June 11, 2024
Day 11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wildfires
Wildfires. We were lucky we did not encounter an wildfires except for the heavy smoke in Fairbanks from a wildfire. The day we left the D...
-
First day of our trip started today. We rode from Bristol, TN to Hopkinsville, KY, around 370 miles. To start out with, last night I attemp...
-
Wildfires. We were lucky we did not encounter an wildfires except for the heavy smoke in Fairbanks from a wildfire. The day we left the D...
-
Day 56
No comments:
Post a Comment