Sunday, June 9, 2024

Day 09

 Day 09 and you may be wondering why the tracker shows no movement. There was plenty of movement but very little on the motorcycle. While having breakfast I was looking around and saw a poster about White Pockets. I know of White Pockets but have never been there. I have been to Coyote Butts South and North (The Wave 2x). I was able to arrange a sunset photography tour with a local tour company for later in the day. Rene' and I had some time to kill so we hopped on the bike for a quick 30 mile round trip to Sand Cave just outside of Kanab. These caves are high up on the cliffs and you have to find your own way up the relatively  steep cliff face. So we did it and returned to Kanab to prepare for White Pockets.

At White Pockets We will be out in the high desert in 95* pluse temps. So we tried to hydrate and bought plenty of water and Gatorade. The tour guy, Steve, picked us up at the hotel. Thus no tracking to record. The trip out to White Pockets takes 2.5 hours from Kanab. 1 hour on the road to the dirt road and 1.5 hours on the dirt road. When we got there we were the only ones there (for the first few hours) and explored the whole area, I took a lot of photos, nothing that will knock your socks off but good images just the same. I also used the 360 video camera at one place.

 
 
Here are some photos:





After dark we headed back to Kanab and along the way there in the road were 5 cows. They have free ranging there and that is a possibility.  You don't want to hit one of those beasts. Tomorrow we head to Prov, UT.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wildfires

  Wildfires. We were lucky we did not encounter an wildfires except for the heavy smoke in Fairbanks from a wildfire. The day we left the D...