Monday, May 27, 2024

 I am working on getting things working. The bike is set up with a number of cameras. There is the two camera dash cameras for documentation of an incident. The old dash cams on my other bikes were much easier to work in getting the Micro SD card out. The unit I am using for this dash cam set up is actually a Chigee Smart Dash. Now all your motorcycle dash cam makers seal the card and use blue tooth or wifi to transfer files. The problem is the bike has to be powered up which drains the battery. Plus the file transfer is not that fast and you need another device to receive the data. Then transfer that data to the device you will use to process the data into a video. To eliminate that monkey circus I will try to use a 360 camera, a hand held gopro style camera, a helmet camera, and possibly a little cheap video camera. The 360 camera can be a circus in itself as the video below shows. The transitions are slow, but that is mainly because I do not know how to process that video very well. It is a test video, but one I processed on my desktop. I have to try it on the laptop to see if the laptop can process it. The helmet camera has always worked well except for the last three trips I broke it off the helmet each time so it became useless for the rest of the trip. I have since machined a mount for it so it should stay attached to the helmet. In the following video I used clips from the 360 camera and the helmet camera while doing a shake down ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

 
 
 
 
This next video is another test with a cheap hand held video camera. You can see it has no such thing as image stabilization despite it having it, or so it says. I explain the bike a little and it is one of the few narrated videos I will ever do. You will see and hear why.
 



 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wildfires

  Wildfires. We were lucky we did not encounter an wildfires except for the heavy smoke in Fairbanks from a wildfire. The day we left the D...